Sunday, January 23, 2011

4 years

I just realized that my 4 year blogiversary (as opposed to blogaversary, which I just wrote, and sounds like I have a blog-adversary) was just a few days ago, Jan 18. I forget sometimes, as I tend to do contests to celebrate posting milestones... but perhaps next year this time I'll remember and do a 5-year-celebration. I mean, that's a lot, in blog years, right? It's funny to look back and see what I was working on and how I wrote about it and how much things have changed (in my knitting, writing, and just life in general, really).

Some things, however, have withstood the test of time. From my first year of blogging:

These mittens, for instance, are still standard (in part because I only have these and one other, much thinner pair) in my winter outfit. If it's cold, these are the mitts that won't let anything in. They're also, I believe, the first design I came up with myself. Eventually I may have to give them up, though... one of the thumbs is starting to unravel from a broken stitch. :(

My first real socks, which were also my first monkeys, starting my seemingly undying love for sock knitting (and that pattern, which I've made... 3 times, I believe? And I only want more...), in spite of my protests to the contrary. Yes, I still have those socks by the way, and although the schaefer anne tries to pill and get fuzzy, the bamboo I paired it with has made them practically indestructible.

And finally: My first mother bear. I'm so sad that I don't have a completed picture of him, as I'm pretty sure he was the cutest one I've ever made. I haven't made one in a while, but I still think the Mother Bear Project is a great organization. I'll have to make another one asap.

What about you... have any knits that have stuck with you all these years?

No comments: