Well, my foot is much improved (for those of you who were wondering), I'm still on antibiotics but only as a precautionary thing at this point. I'm still a bit scared to wear shoes that might rub, but fortunately down here it is still ok weather for sandals and flip-flops. (If I were in still Canada, however...)
And there has been knitting... of course. I finished the front of the Wheat Ear Cable Yoke but no picture since it is exactly the same as the back... however, here's the beginning of the sleeves (knit flat, both at the same time):
Next up is my bear for donation to the Mother Bear Project. He was made out of various colours left over Berroco Touche and Berroco Pure Merino, because both are machine washable. The cable adorning his sweater (on the front and both sleeves) is called "Tree of Life" and is from Vogue Knitting Stitchionary Vol. 2. I thought that this was an appropriate motif since these bears are going to children in Africa who have been affected by HIV/AIDS. I tried to use a lot of different colours and textures since I think that that is what would appeal to a child... I used stockinette for the feet, hands and head, garter stitch for the legs, the cabling for the front and sleeves of the sweater and reverse stockinette for the back. The actual knitting took very little time, now all that is left to do is stitch up the left side, stuff him with polifill, attach his scarf and give him a face and ears.
Finally, another Etsy "acquisition":
This is the Humingbird Top from "The Stevester".
I also just cast on for the Shedir cap using my new Artyarns... but it's only got a row of actual knitting done so no pics for now!