Monday, July 12, 2010

recuerdos de españa

I set this to post later, so by the time this shows up on the blog I will be in the air, heading back across the Atlantic...

As a child, my family traveled a lot... I didn't realize it at the time, but by a lot I mean A LOT... way more than the average family. By the time I was 12 I had seen most of Europe and quite a bit of the US and Canada. I used to love the little souvenir shops, and would often come home with those spoons that have a picture of the town or the flag of the country... and for a while it was dolls. I had dolls from all over the world, dressed in traditional outfits.

As I got older I was less and less interested in the material souvenirs, but once in a while I can't help myself. Aside from the wonderful memories that I have of the great people I have met here, I am also bringing home a few small things to remind me of my time here in Spain:


A thimble with a working windmill from Almagro (not really useful for actual sewing, but cute and reminds me of Don Quijote!)

and, in honor of the Spanish Soccer team:


YO SOY DE LA ROJA! (Hopefully by the time this posts they will have won the world cup!)

Next time I post I'll be back on the other side of the Atlantic! Check out this post to enter my sock naming contest before the 14th of July... I didn't put any limits on it, so feel free to leave as many comments / names as you like!

1 comment:

SIONA said...

¡que tengas buen viaje preciosa! cuidate mucho y disfruta de tu gente y amigos ... y recuerdanos de vez en cuando ;)
besitos!
SIONA