Tuesday, July 27, 2010

one foot on either side of the Atlantic

One of these socks was knit entirely in Spain and the other entirely in the US... and yes I do know which is which! The one of the left foot is the Spanish sock and the one on the right is the American. How can I tell? Well, somehow the first one ended up with 3 pattern repeats on the top of the foot and the second with 2. It's like I cast on an entirely different number of stitches that just happened to correspond with the pattern repeats. I have no idea how it happened but they both fit (although the right one is slightly more stretched out than the left) so I'm just going to leave it alone. I know that is less-than-perfectionist of me but I would probably have to pull out and re-do the entire right sock and I just don't have it in me.

Pattern: Lindsay by Cookie A from Sock Innovation.
Yarn: Malabrigo Sock in Natural
Needles: US 1 dpns
Mods: Moved the seam stitches to the back of the leg, somewhat visible in this picture, as detailed on my project page.

No comments: