Sunday, September 16, 2007

Fall Knitty

I might be a little behind on this, but the new Knitty came out the other day. I haven't been all that thrilled with the last couple of issues, so I guess I didn't take that close a look at first. However, upon reflection there are a lot of things that I would probably actually make.

Muir for example is a very simple but beautiful lace. (By simple I mean the finished product has clean lines and isn't a big jumble of multiple laces - something that usually turns me off lace, not that the lace itself is necessarily going to be overly easy.)

Henry is a great men's scarf (although I'd wear it too!) and I'm thinking Christmas gifts... maybe my dad since Dr. BF got a scarf last year...

Surprisingly Percy caught my eye. I'm not usually one for knitted purses because I worry that they'll fall apart. That any my sewing skills are sadly lacking... and I have no machine... and... the list goes on and on. Fortunately for me, Percy's designer says:

Suggestions for fabric: satin brocade, denim, printed cotton, or something else that's smooth and substantial. You don't need a sewing machine; the lining is one piece, sewn in by hand.

Because I'm a big huge dork I think that the Woodins are pretty much the cutest things ever.

Those are all the designs that caught my eye - and that I can actually see myself attempting at some point in time. I also think that Roam is really cute, but an entire hooded sweater in seed stitch?! No thank you!

Those are my top choices... although I'd like to know what other people are looking at. And I can't wait to see some of them knit up because I almost always like other people's versions better! (I've found this a lot from reading other blogs and ravelry... I'll see a finished sweater/hat/socks/whatever on someone else and think "Whoa! That's cool... what pattern is that?!" and invariably it's one that I turned my nose up at earlier!)

3 comments:

Amy said...

Neiman is the one I'm in love with. I don't know if I'll actually make it though.

Anonymous said...

Dude, I was all, "oh, knitty, how I love to look at you and not really cast anything on right away..." and then I saw the Woodins. I've kind of already knit three. >.> I'm going to Lovelyarns today to buy yarn for the log lining. Woo!

The A.D.D. Knitter said...

I've made 2 Foliage hats already!