Saturday, September 8, 2007

at least I'm being productive...

So I didn't love that I was wide awake at 5:30 in the morning, but at least I've had a very productive AM! Aside from the pre-work work stuff I got done, I've also done dishes, folded and put away laundry from the other day, and finally printed out a shipping label for the yarn that I still have to send to K8. (Yes, from the 100th post contest... yes, I am a bad blogger.) The other two skeins will be hand delivered today to PhD Knitter, who attends the same stitch n bitch at my fav LYS. She also attends another stitching n bitching group on another day with Kozy Kitty who was the other winner of the three, and will then deliver her goods to her. Complicated? Confused? Let's look at pretty things instead:



And, as they say on Cute Overload "COXCU" (Cute Overload X-treme Close-Up):


I cast these on last night around 7:00 and finished them up this morning. About 3 hours total knitting time. And they look super cute on my "model" Frankendeer, don't ya think??

Specs:

Yarn: Double Stranded Bamboo (don't know whose, it's just on cones at my LYS) in minty green and creamy yellow
Needles: Size 5 DPNs
Pattern: Angora Baby Booties (obviously not done in angora though...) from Last Minute Knitted Gifts
Who for: one of my professors who over the summer became several months pregnant
Mods: other than the yarn switch out, none.

I love these booties, and have made them 3 times now, although never in the called for yarn (sorry, but I just can't justify $14.00 for 30 yards of yarn, even if it is angora!).

1 comment:

Lone Knitter said...

That little animal is super cute! I love how those booties will be used and then when baby outgrows them, they can be put back on a stuffed doll or animal. Cute!