Thursday, September 6, 2007

Ravelry makes me do bad things...

Like order more yarn when I really really shouldn't! It's the queue page... and looking at everyone else's pretty yarn.

In truth, I *had* to order more Classic Silk and I wasn't going to pay as much in shipping costs for 1 ball of yarn... so I looked through my queues and ordered this yarn in the "Ruby" colourway for this scarf, as well as a skein of this yarn in colourway 119, to make myself a hat or something... I need a warmer hat for sure this year. And because Webs is evil and wants stashes all over the world to multiply, I got the last skein practically for free because of their 20% discount if your order more than *cough* a certain amount.

Anyone else finding that their # of WIPs and stash is growing rapidly due to obsessive ravelring? Of course, it could also be that it's September, which means back to school time, which therefore means lots of spending of lots of money time? (at least, it always has meant that for me!)

5 comments:

Amy said...

Yes, oh my god! My problem is finding all sorts of projects that I wouldn't have considered unless I saw someone's version on Ravelry. If I see something in a different color or whatever, all of a sudden it's in my queue and will probably eventually become a UFO. Bad Ravlery!

CC said...

See, I've found that it works in the opposite way for me. I look at those little Zzzzz projects and I feel accountable for making them not Zzzzz's anymore. But I agree that it is addictive and that WEBs has a conspiracy to rapidly increase my stash to an unmanageable amount. But you have to hit the 20% number - you just have to!

Anonymous said...

Oh yes. I dunno if you've had a peek at my queue. I queue like it's going out of style. I have more than I can make in a lifetime in there.

The A.D.D. Knitter said...

Yes, Ravelry is an enabler of the worst kind, but I am still massively obsessed with it! My fave feature is how you can see all the different yarns that people used for a certain project.

liuia drusilla said...

I think so... ^^U
I was on a stash diet and several days ago I found myself entering my LYS and saying the magic word: "merino". Luckily, I only bought 2 balls, because there's no room for more at home ¬¬U.
By the way, I found you on "hispanohablantes desmadejadas" and I found very interesting that you're studying Spanish Literature :), so I decided to take a look here :D. See you on ravelry!