Monday, January 29, 2007

Wristwarmers Update: The Saga Continues

I have 4 of the 5 pairs of wristwarmers fully completed and the fifth pair cast on. Phew! I'm hoping to have them done tonight, although we told one of the girls in the Italian section that we would come over and cook tonight, since she recently had a baby (the one I made the baby booties for) and is need of a decent homecooked meal (something that isn't easy to find the time to do when one has a fussy infant apparently...) and some adult contact. If / when they get done, I'll post pictures tonight or tomorrow.

In other news, my roommate has taken to knitting like a fish to water. He did really well when I took him to the yarn shop on Saturday, learning how to knit and purl like a pro. He played around with it for a while, pretty much teaching himself how to use knits and purls to create patterns such as ribbing and basketweave. It was quite impressive really and all the ladies in the LYS thought so too. He has now cast on his first "real" project - to make himself wrist warmers (what else?!) to match the scarf I made him for Christmas. He's doing them in a simple rib, and while it's a bit slow going, I think they're going to look great... look for the FO update in a week or so!

No comments: