This isn't technically a progress report on the Spiderweb Capelet that I was making in Malabrigo Solis since I actually ended up frogging it last night... the Malabrigo was just too chunky for the pattern and it wasn't looking right... plus it was so huge that I had it on about 3 different circular needles and I didn't really have the right size. In any case, I had gotten about half-way through and I realized it wasn't going to look very good and it had been sitting in my closet for a few days and I probably wasn't going to tackle it again any time soon. So I ripped it out, because the Solis colour is just too beautiful to leave sitting in my dusty closet forever. And so I whipped up this extra long chunky ribbed scarf last night / this morning. It took basically no time at all, because the Malabrigo is so thick and I used size 17 (12.75mm) needles! Size 17!! I don't think I've ever used needles that big before... it felt like I was knitting with rolling pins!
In other news, the wrist warmers for the ebayer are coming along, and driving me crazy in the process. I have 2 full pairs done, one glove of a 3rd pair done, and a new glove of a different pair started. I'm happy to do it, it's just getting a little tedious to do the same project over and over and over and over again... I am hoping to be done by Tuesday at the latest though. I hope.
P.S. Bonus points for anyone who can tell me the name of the band whose t-shirt I'm wearing!!