Thursday, September 15, 2011

PLY: Peace, Love, Yarn... oh, the yarn

ply goodies by gradschoolknitter
ply goodies, a photo by gradschoolknitter on Flickr.

warning: photo heavy post!

This past weekend I went to the PLY party at Lovelyarns.. A good time was had by all... and I brought home a super stash!

Not only did I pick and choose my faves from the amazing local artists, but I also won a door prize! Everything is sort of mashed together up top, so let's look at some of the goodies one at a time:

neighborhood fiber co - studio sock "thomas circle"
Neighborhood fiber co's Studio Sock in color "Thomas Circle" (a subtly changing grey). I got two skeins because I plan to combo it with the madeline tosh from my swap buddy for either a Paulie Cardi or dahila cardigan.

three ravens - into the groove
Threeravens.net's "kitchen sink" yarn, colourway "into the groove". I have been coveting this stuff FOREVER. I saw it at a craft show and told her to talk to the owner of Lovelyarns immediately and take her stuff over to the shop. She did and this skein made it into the shop. I cannot believe it was still there for the ply party and I had to have it. It was meant to be. And no, I have no idea what I'm going to do with it, other than love it and pet it and call it George.

Spacecadet creations "pirate"
SpaceCadet Creations' "Pirate" colourway. Unfortunately my tag fell off and I know it's sock weight but I cannot remember which of her base yarns it is. If I find out, I'll let you know... but they're all awesome.

abstract fiber mighty sock
Abstract Fiber's Mighty Sock in "Birch". This will become a very special pair of socks with a very special destination. TBA.

OK, those were MY picks... now check out my awesome door prize!:

yarn chef minestrone - straw hat
Yarn Chef's Minestrone Sock in "Straw Hat". I think I might just make a straw coloured hat for myself...

flat feet into gloves
Flat Feet Sock yarn. Unironically being made into gloves...

wrapunzel
Two colours of "Wrapunzel" from Knit One Crochet Too... would make great baby stuff, as it is superwash.

cherub aran
Cherub Aran by Cascade... not sure what to do with this although it would mix well with the wrapunzel...

As well, (as can be seen in the first picture) there were other bits and bobs in the door prize: a needle felting kit, a copy of Interweave Knits Summer 2011 (Fall 2011, also pictured, was purchased by myself), an adorable project bag and a set of size US2 dpns (always useful!).

It was a whirlwind week of seeing friends, gorging on yarn and meeting with advisors. Today I'm going to do some laundry (pesky thing can't seem to figure it out for itself...) and go to a yoga class and then get back to the grind tomorrow...

No comments: