Sunday, September 4, 2011

holy spoiled rotten, batman!

sock swap goodies by gradschoolknitter
sock swap goodies, a photo by gradschoolknitter on Flickr.

Yesterday the postman dropped off my package from my amazing swap buddy, sockalicious. She really went overboard and spoiled me rotten!!

Above is all my goodies: an adorable project bag (I think possibly made by her... ), socks, several skeins of yarn (will get to those shortly) a chibi, euclan wash, a mitten form key chain, a sheep key fob, hiya hiya stitch markers and case, rosewood cable needles, and a circular needle case (which I could really use... my circs are in bad need of organizing)!

Let's get some closeups, shall we?

sock swap socks

The socks: gorgeous! Love the colour and the fit is PERFECT. The pattern is called "central air".

knitpicks stroll
Knitpicks Stroll in Princess Multi. I'm a recent convert to the greatness that is knitpicks sock yarns so I'm sure I'll find something fun for this yarn!

madelintosh
Madelintosh Tosh Sock in Logwood. The colour is not done justice by photographs. It's a gorgeous lavender colour with subtle variegations. I have wanted to get my hands on some for so long and now I finally get to try it out! Squee!!

socks that rock lightweight
Double Squee!! SOCKS THAT ROCK! It's the lightweight and the colourway is My Wild Irish Girlie. I LOVE IT. This is another yarn that has been on my WANT list for a long time and I might have to put down everything to find the perfect pattern for this.

I feel totally spoilt, not just by this AMAZING, above and beyond package, but by my wonderful swappers in general. They're really a great group and everyone seems to get really into the spirit of it. I decided to sit the next swap out for professional (read: must finish dissertation and apply for jobs) reasons but there will be a new swap starting next month with sign-ups going on right now. If you want to join in, just click here to check out the group. Sign ups will be open until the end of Sept, so you have plenty of time!

1 comment:

Unknown said...

WOW! That is an awesome swap package! I haven't done a Ravelry swap in quite some time but you may just have convinced me.