OK, maybe a little, but I needed a simple project that wasn't 100% Icelandic wool. I'm meeting with a new SnB group on Thursday night (yay!) and the BMP socks are too complicated and the Red Cross Army Vest would be too hot to work on in the park in the middle of July. So I started the Honeymoon Cami. I'm going to stripe the Phildar Cotton from my secret pal in red and blue. More red than blue I'm thinking... and I've changed the waistline. I'm going to do seed stitch (or moss stitch depending on who you ask) instead of the lace rib.
The BMP socks are coming along, slowly but surely. There are 3 different space invaders on the first sock.
And my ravelry invite is still far away:
* You signed up on June 25, 2007
* You are #11046 on the list.
* 5013 people are ahead of you in line.
* 6975 people are behind you in line.
* 32% of the list has been invited so far
I heard about it months ago but never got around to signing up, until more recently. That's ok though, 'cause I have a lot of work to do before I should get too deeply involved in something like that... from what I hear in the blogosphere, it's sort of all-consuming. I started writing my last paper today (got a page & a 1/2 in an hour or so and then shut down) and I'm hoping to get it done in the next week or so. I have until the end of the month, but I'd like to have it done sooner rather than later.
Pictures of the BMP sock and Honeymoon cami to come... when there's some better lighting out.
P.S. I added some stuff in the side bar... a couple of patterns that I've worked on and a technique. I'm possibly going to work up a post on the way I work my floats into the back of the colour work too.