Friday, July 27, 2007

done and [almost] done

BMP Sock #1 is done!

Here it is sitting up in the Ugly Green Chair (is it just me or does every guy have to have an Ugly Chair?!):


And on the sock blocker to give it some shape:



If it looks huge, well, that's because it is! It has a circumference of 10.5" around the cuff, a cuff length of 6.75" and a foot length of 11". And I'm actually a bit worried that it still won't fit. I guess we'll just have to wait and see.

Technically I still have to work the shooter motif in duplicate stitch before this sock is considered completely complete, but I'm waiting to make sure I have enough CC for the second sock. Once those are done, if I have any white yarn left, I'll add the shooter. Obviously I decided to go with an all-black toe, mostly because I'm really concerned about yardage, but also 'cause it was just easier.

As for the [almost] done bit... I worked like a mad-woman yesterday on my final paper and if I could just force myself to do another hour or two today I should be able to finish it up. Which is basically the goal... and once that is done, then I can cast on for BMP Sock #2! Wish me luck!

3 comments:

Loralee Choate said...

"Is it just me or does every guy have to have an Ugly Chair?!"

Nope. My husband had an ugly BLUE chair.

The_Add_Knitter said...

Yeah, the ugly green chair is pretty much standard equipment, I'd say! Your sock looks great...

Jen said...

Good luck! I think my husband wants some of those socks now... heh