Wednesday, February 14, 2007

school's out for... winter!

Hopkins FINALLY decided to close for the day. Every other school, university, college, etc in Baltimore decided hours ago to close, but JHU kept us hanging until 10 minutes ago. We were supposed to open at 10:30 (what was I supposed to do? I teach at 10... should I have taught from 10:30-10:50?!) but I guess they finally decided that it was just easier to close for the day. Wohoo! I plan on getting caught up on some readings and watching the movie (El hijo de la novia - Son of the Bride) that we're supposed to be showing in class next week (although now with the school closed we may need that time to catch up...), all while doing some serious knitting! I mean, what else do you do when there's 2 inches of ice covering a couple more inches of snow outside?!

2 comments:

The A.D.D. Knitter said...

Yes my kids' school was called off last night and I was stressing about what to do with them.Luckily Penn State called off classes as well...I don't know who is happier, me or the kids!

Anonymous said...

Happy Valentine's Day Again Sweetie! L,S.