Sunday, December 18, 2011

why didn't I think of this sooner?

pink christmas by gradschoolknitter
pink christmas, a photo by gradschoolknitter on Flickr.

Ornaments are the perfect quick knit. You don't have to worry if they'll fit... and if the recipient hates it, you've only lost a couple hours knitting time, as opposed to a couple of weeks.

In the case of the above, it's entirely possible that someone could either LOVE it, or HATE it... but I kinda am leaning towards love. Oh, and it's not so much that the picture is blurry, as it is the fun fur. That's right. I used fun fur. And no, it was not fun.

Pattern is same as yesterday, my new Oh, Christmas Tree pattern, available for free on ravelry.

I also whipped up another little guy:

gingerbread

This one took slightly longer, if only to sew on the arms & legs and embroider the details. But still, a super quick knit. Pattern is part of the Merry Knitted Toy Trio. I'm going to add a hook and he'll be perfect ornament sized.

I think I'm done with all my Christmas knitting, except for a pair of mitts that I promised DH. They're colourwork (eep) so it might be pushing it to think that they could be done for the 25th, but I see him a little more often than I do the fam, so I think he'll forgive me the wait...


P.S. Apologies if you're seeing this twice... I accidentally hit post too quickly the first time around.

No comments: