Wednesday, December 28, 2011

a very yarny christmas

You've seen most of what I've knit for Christmas, but I wanted to share some yarny things that I received, as well as a few things I made that haven't yet debuted here.

But I'd also like to say that if you've never read hyperbole and a half, you really should go check out this is why I'll never be an adult and then sneaky hate spiral. Even if you never come back here, you'll understand how my morning has been. I really do want to clean all the things... but it's contending with my desire to stay wrapped up in a blanket on my couch, death-staring the Christmas presents that haven't found a home yet, as well as the unpacked suitcases of dirty clothes.

OK, back to the yarny bits: above is Claudia Hand Painted Fingering in Bootcamp. I love this colourway. I'm a little concerned about making it into socks, however, since it does say hand wash/machine wash delicate. We shall see. I'm sure it'll become something great, in any case.

Also in the stash-enhancing category:

claudia handpaints deep bluw

More claudia handpainted fingering in Deep Blue. Both are from DH and both are much loved!

Of the things I knit-and-have-not-yet-been-seen:

S1052069

A Dr. Bunsen Honeydew to hold DH's glasses! He really wanted it, and it's getting good use. The original pattern is crocheted, but I just converted the stitches one-to-one (if it said single crochet x stitches, I knit x stitches... etc).

I also knit yet another Oh, Christmas Tree:

neighbourly tree

And finally, my dad has spent a lot of time traveling for work this year, including some months in Australia. He brought back some little handmade goodies, including the snowman hanging in the background of the above photo and this:

echidna

We were all calling it a hedgehog, but it is apparently an "echidna". It (and I believe the ornaments... there is a Santa Claus somewhere too, but he's hiding in the dark depths of a bag I don't feel like unpacking right now) was made and sold by one of the crafters of the little glory gallery.

I hope you had a lovely and yarny Christmas too. Now, back to staring at the things, in the hopes that they will put themselves away.

1 comment:

Heather said...

Yep that looks WAY more like a hedgehog than an echidna! Echidnas are really big and much flatter and spikier!

Glasses holder=Genius! I need to make one stat!