Saturday, December 31, 2011

resolve

Roy G Biv by gradschoolknitter
Roy G Biv, a photo by gradschoolknitter on Flickr.

For 2012 I have a few knitting-related resolutions that I'm hoping to keep.

For starters: I want to finish some long languishing projects before starting anything new. This includes the sweater that only needs one more (3/4 length) sleeve, a sock to match it's already finished partner, and a pair of possibly insanity inducing mittens. The only other UFO I have lying around that can't be included in this resolution is the never ending blanket. This is mostly due to the fact that I have used up all of the bits of left-over sock yarn that I have for the moment, and therefore it will actually have to wait until there are more bits available to add to it.

My second knitterly resolution is to stash down. As you can see from the above photo, as well as this recent post, the stash has been on the rise as of late... and you haven't even seen this:

Drops Alpaca

or this:

Cascade Indulgence

yet... and there's enough of each for a sweater, at least. Damn you, internets.

So, knitting from the stash, and, if possible, keeping up the SIAC (self-imposed-accessory-club) for 2012. 12 projects, direct from stash yarn and ravelry queued patterns. As for that top picture (which is knit picks' stroll tonal in ROYGBIV) I have plans... oh, do I have rainbowy, beautiful plans. But you'll just have to wait to see those!

2 comments:

Elinor said...

Those are great resolutions! I always find that when I want to knit from the stash and get rid of leftovers, it's really hard to find projects made of leftovers that I actually want to have one of. Goofy random hats are well enough, but I don't always need one of those. :P

The ROYGBIV is gorgeous. I love rainbows. I gave my mom a big ball of Kauni rainbow to make entrelac, but I really want it for myself. Oops.

gradschoolknitter said...

Thanks Elinor!

I actually have a bunch of different projects I want to make out of leftovers, but I really want to see if I can ever finish this !$#%@# blanket first...