Saturday, June 18, 2011

thing bought: in Iceland

Aside from the slightly ridiculous amount of unspun wool (ok, it's not that much, but I've never actually spun before...) I got on my first day in Iceland, there were a few more purchases made on our way around the island. Like the Léttlopi, above. DH wants some traditional scandinavian mittens, and this will do the trick.

And for myself...

stripe study

The grey is Kambgarn, which I am mixing with the wullenstudio sock yarn that was given to me a while back. I am loving this shawl and having a hard time putting it down to work on more pressing things. You know, like that whole pesky dissertation thing...

1 comment:

Sara said...

Ooh, I'm working on a stripe study shawl too. Love the way yours looks with the subtle variation in the pink. I also agree: that pattern is a total dissertation killa! Good luck with the writing. p.s. Your trip notes have made me really want to go to Iceland.