Friday, May 20, 2011

WIPs


50% of a blanket, originally uploaded by gradschoolknitter.

or, How to Bore your Readers 101

I find that I post more when I have actual finished objects to share, rather than progress reports on WIPs. I feel like 20 posts on the same blanket/sweater/whatever gets ridiculous and tedious... but right now I'm looking around and not seeing a lot that's going to finish itself any time soon, so here we are!

Above is 50% of the wedding blanket that is now becoming longer and longer over-due. But 50%! That's something, right? It's just becoming too big to carry around, not to mention too hot out to knit it anywhere but the air-conditioned comfort of my own living room.

Also on the long-term docket:

1/2 a sock

May's installment for the (less-than-successful thus far) Self-Imposed-Accessory-Club. Sure, I have something to show for each month, but except for the first month (and that was a squeaker) nothing has been finished technically on time. With any luck (and a long train trip next weekend) I might finish these on time. But yes, that is only the first one...

So what do you all think? More posts with the potential for repetitiveness? Or fewer posts, only when I have something really interesting to share? I don't want to lose the few-but-darling readers I have to a lack of posting, but I also don't want to bore them to death (or at least unsubscribing) either.

2 comments:

Bronwyn Mroz Benson said...

I actually really like seeing the progress being made. I know that that's what a lot of my posts wind up being as well, and it's nice to know I'm not alone. :) Plus I just really like watching something be created. :)

I love that sock pattern! :)

Kim said...

whatever you prefer. I guess technically I can already see your WIPs AND your FOs on my rav friend feed. certainly the Harlot's multiple posts on one item don't bore me, though it's true they usu. include extra info, rather than just being pure progress shots.