Thursday, December 30, 2010

things unseen


sweet potato pi, originally uploaded by gradschoolknitter.

I couldn't post these before yesterday because they hadn't been received yet.

Above are a pair of Cauchy socks from Cookie A's Sock innovation. Yarn is Knit Picks Comfy Fingering Yarn in Sweet Potato, about 1.5 skeins.

Mods: 1x1 ribbing on the cuff rather than a picot edge; 70 sts (down to 68 for the foot) rather than 60 (this meant messing with the chart a bit for the extra sts on the foot, but it worked out well).

Also for the boy and gifted yesterday:

warm cuppa

A mug cozy to keep his coffee warm for longer in the slow-moving mornings. At least, that's the idea. Pattern is the Quick and easy mug cosy, made using the left-overs of the Lorna's Shepherd Worsted used on my dad's turn-a-square hat. There's something nice about using up every last yard of a skein, rather than throwing it away.

1 comment:

M Ward said...

Those socks are fantastic! I believe I have that book, too. I should pay more attention. And I love the color.