Thursday, December 16, 2010

from naught...


damask, originally uploaded by gradschoolknitter.

to a bounty to share!

I blocked out the Damask shawl I was working on for my nana. Here's the thing about blocking... it can make all the difference in the final project. If you look at the original, you'll see that it has rounded edges. I, however, have very few blocking pins (I know, for shame!), so I just pulled out the points and thus mine is much more, well, pointed. I still like it though.

Here's a close-up of some detail:

damask

So, if I have a bounty, this can't be the only thing I have to show you, right?

stripey christmas stocking

A stocking! What could be more Christmas than that?! This is for my partner in crime... er... life. Soon to be filled with more goodies, both knitted and not!

I also received my card from Susie's card swap last night and it's quite something! I don't have pictures of it yet, but I have to save something for later, right?

1 comment:

WildflowerWool said...

The shawl is amazing! of course, so is the stocking!