Wednesday, December 15, 2010

emergency mitts


emergency mitts, originally uploaded by gradschoolknitter.

Even though I'm swamped with Christmas knitting and prepping to go home (which includes trying to read all the things before I leave on Friday so that I don't have to carry an extra suitcase full of books with me) I agreed to knit an emergency pair of mittens for the charity drive at lovelyarns.

They're still down a few pairs and the school really wants to hand them out on Friday. If you are local and can get over there today to pick a kid (they were very colour specific!) and knit a pair up in a night (go bulky yarns!) I'm sure Sue and Hampden Elementary would GREATLY appreciate it. I'm actually going to call her today and see if there is anyone that would appreciate a pair in any of the bulky yarn I have at home so I can knit another pair tonight.

3 comments:

Sara said...

Great mitts! And so nice of you to drop everything and make them! You should take a second to stop by my blog and enter to win a prize in the charity knitting contest I have going on. Anyone with a US mailing address who has knitted or crocheted for charity between Oct 1 and Dec 31 is eligible to win goodies.

gradschoolknitter said...

Thanks Sara! I've posted and if I get to that second pair I'll let you know!

Kate said...

READ ALL THE THINGS!

Aw good for you! Yay for warm kids.