Thursday, December 9, 2010

it's beginning to look a lot like Christmas


medio damasco, originally uploaded by gradschoolknitter.

which is why it's been so quiet around here lately. So many projects that I can't share for fear that the recipient will be reading!

This one, however, is for my nana, whom I know won't be checking out my blog (having never owned a computer), so I think it's safe to say that the surprise will not be ruined.

Unfortunately, lace shawls still on the needles aren't very photogenic. Here's a close up (but still not the best representation):

damasco detalle

It will, however, eventually look something like this, one hopes. You know, only red instead of yellow.

Pattern is damask by Kitman Figueroa, yarn is malabrigo sock in tiziano red and needles are US7 / 4.5mm. How is it possible that I didn't have a US6 circ??

1 comment:

SIONA said...

¡que chulo es! el color es precioso.
como se nota en ravelry los patrones que están "de moda" .... cada una le da su toque y cada vez me entran mas ganas de tejerlo.
yo no se si llegaré a tiempo a tejer todos los regalos ¡ya me estoy agobiando!
un abrazo,
SIONA