Tuesday, July 1, 2008

Of things never seen before...

No one who reads this blog (at least, those who knit) can be all that surprised that I have some stash around that no one else has ever seen before. I decided that the easiest, most summer / travel friendly projects are socks, so I brought pretty much all the sock yarn I could find (in my stash, that is...). Since not much has been going on with my actual knitting (I'm about 1/2 way through the second heel flap on my psycho-coloured monkeys) I thought I'd give you a little showcase of what else I have lying around:


Trekking XXL, colour 147. I want to make socks out of this, I think, but not just plain ones. I know Trekking is one of those yarns that is supposed to make it's own pattern but I've seen loads of these in actual patterns and they look pretty cool.


Unnamed... a friend of mine who dyes made an oops on this one and didn't want to sell it, but she didn't want to throw perfectly good yarn out either. These are very much my colours, although not all together... but it might make a great toy... a funny shaped monster or something.


Finally, the yarn I'm most excited about. J. Knits Superwash Me in Light Sock - colour Pueblo. My roommate brought this home for me from Michigan. It's super soft and I have NO idea what to do with it. I'm thinking it might be too pretty to be hidden under shoes...although there are 550 yards so I bet I'd have enough to make socks (I love having small feet) and something else - maybe I'll jump on the cowl band wagon.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

How fun! I like the Trekking a lot-- that could definitely stand up in a simple pattern (Diagonal Rib?). The pink/green is really fabulous, and I love the idea of a monster. And cowls are awesome. I like switching between neckwarmer and earwarmer in the cowl department. I think I prefer them to scarves after all. Miss you!