Monday, July 28, 2008

The difficulty of photographing one's foot

So it took me 3 or 4 days to graft the toe, but finally, here is the first finished Pomatomus sock:

Side view:


Top view:


Why is it so hard to take pictures of your own foot?

Mods: I kept the purls and knits going across the top of the toe... looking at various pictures on ravelry I felt like the toe rather abruptly changed to stockinette... so I decided to follow the pattern as set, incorporating the decreases. Also, I only decreased to 24 sts, rather than 12. I felt like 12 would be rather pointy, and at 24 they already fit my feet perfectly.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hi Erin!
I love that pattern and you did a great job. I haven't done toe-up yet, so that's on my list of things to do.

FYI, I started your Needles on Fire socks yesterday. It's a great pattern. Really easy to follow. I'm gonna do three repeats instead of two on the cuff because I started the socks yesterday on 2's and Pat and I both thought that I needed smaller needles (I'm using my own CIE yarn, the same weight as your Dark Side socks) and that I needed 1's, but I only had 0's free at home, so I'm doing them on those. I'm on the second repeat now and it's flying by.

I'll take photos for you!

Woof!
Terry

M Ward said...

My most recent F.O. post is complaining about how hard it was for me to take pictures of my foot. It's ridiculous!

gradschoolknitter said...

thanks Terry! I can't wait to see it.

And M. I don't know why... but it is ridiculous!

elinor said...

So pretty! I do like the toe choice-- the ribbing is very elegant.