Sunday, January 27, 2008

2 FOs in 24 hours

I finished two projects, one last night and one this morning! One is the sweater I was test knitting, so no pictures there. I'm just happy to be done with the thing!

The other FO is the Endpaper Mittens! Yay! Almost a whole week before they had to be done for the Skeins Her Way contest!

So, here's the pic:



Specs:
Pattern: Endpaper Mitts by Eunny Jang
Yarn: Malabrigo Lace Weight Double Plied
Needles: US 2
Mods: Did not use smaller needles for ribbing
Other: If I were to do these again with the Malabrigo lace I would go up one more size needle... they came out much smaller than they should have, but then again, I have pretty small hands, apparently! They fit, but it's a tight fit.

In celebration of finishing both these projects that have languished on the needles for way to long, and the finishing of the 2 papers required to continue in the program, I cast on new socks! I'm not a huge sock person, but I've been craving the whole making sock thing for a while. One of my Project Spectrum goals is to design at least one pattern per colour/element and to (hopefully) have it incorporate a texture / pattern or something that evokes the element. So, I'm getting started a little early, but I need something to knit!

2 comments:

Doug said...

Maybe you can show me how to knit when I come down! Or maybe not... I'd probably F it up.

It's looking like I'll get to Baltimore on Thursday, then return on Sunday. I'd like to stay Sunday and Monday, then leave Tuesday so we can do something fun on Monday!

Can't wait!

Radioactive Tori said...

I LOVE those. I am going to start trying to make some after I am done with my daughter's mittens that I am working on now. I am a tiny bit scared because they look a little difficult, but I'm sure I can manage.