Thursday, June 10, 2010

While you were blocking

Dear Sweater: You are FINISHED! I'm so proud of you and you fit PERFECTLY, albeit with some major modifications (we'll talk about those later). Right now you are being lightly blocked in a very make-shift kind of way, for which I apologize, but we have to make do with what we have in foreign countries... a good lesson to learn even at such a young age.

Querido Jersey: ¡Estás terminado! Estoy tan orgullosa de ti y me quedas PERFECTAMENTE, aunque tenía que cambiar mucho el patrón (de eso hablaremos más tarde). Pero ahora estás bloqueándote, y aunque no es de las maneras normales, tenemos que usar lo que está disponible en países extranjeros - una buena lección aun para alguien tan joven como tú.

I don't want you to get the idea that I'm a fickle knitter, I have a feeling that you will be a staple in my life and wardrobe for years to come... but a knitter has to knit. So yeah, you were still waiting to have your neckline bound off and you underarms closed up but I ran off to a yarn store yesterday afternoon. I could give you excuses, like really it was a friend's idea (which it was) and that she needed the comfort due to a sick family member (which she did), but really, we both know I wanted to be there.

No quiero que pienses que soy una persona inconstante, creo que estarás parte de mi vida y mi sayo durante muchos años... pero una tejedora tiene que tejer. Entonces sí, mientras esperabas que te terminara el cuello y las auxilias yo fui a una tienda de lanas ayer. Tengo excusas... por ejemplo que fue la idea de otra (que lo era) y que necesitaba un poco de consolación por causa de tener un familiar en el hospital (que lo tenía), pero en fin, los dos sabemos que yo quería irme.

So yeah, I bought some yarn, OK? I admit it!

Entonces sí, compre lana, ¿vale? Lo admito!

Noro Kureyon Sock

Noro Kureyon Sock, to make the twisted socks as part of the June KAL with the MadridKnits group.

Noro Kureyon Sock, para tejer los twisted socks con las chicas de MadridKnits.

and / y

lorna's laces shepherd worsted

Lorna's Laces Shepherd Worsted, to make some wrist warmers for one of my roommate's birthday next month.

Shepherd Worsted de Lorna's Laces, para tejer unos guantes para el cumples de mi compañera de piso en julio.

So sue me... you're all bound-off and have had a nice bath. It's too warm for me to wear you now anyway.

Mándame una multa si quieres... pero ahora estás terminado y te he bañado. De todos modos hace demasiado calor para ponermete.

Love, Grad School Knitter

2 comments:

SIONA said...

jajajajajajaaj ¡estas fatal! que lo sepas jajajajajajaj

Kim said...

thanks for ditching your Dream Sweater to cheat on it at the yarn store with me. :) didn't know I'd anonymously featured on your blog! haha.