Wednesday, June 2, 2010

start your swapping!


swap sock, originally uploaded by gradschoolknitter.

Summer 2010 International Sock Swap starts today! I wanted to work within my (somewhat limited) current stash that I have here in Spain and my partner seems to like similar colours to myself (phew) so I decided to use up a bit of jojoland melody (the blue-green) left over from the Fire and Ice Socks I recently finished up (pictures on rav from these socks are much closer to the real colour) along with some undyed malabrigo sock I had to do some simple colourwork.

Yeah, we only started a few hours ago... but I wanted to get to a place where I could just do simple stockinette st for a while. I was lacking a project that was simple enough to knit along on while doing other things. And this week at knit group I will be guest-blogging about the meeting (in Spanish, of course), so I'm going to be needing something very simple to work on! This ought to do the trick... what with the afterthought heel concept it is simple stockinette for quite some time!

No comments: