Sunday, April 11, 2010

lo prometido es deuda


rico meets debod, originally uploaded by gradschoolknitter.

As promised, I went out yesterday and took my knitting for a walk. We ended up at Templo de Debod an Egyptian temple that was moved to Madrid in the 70's, I think.

This pattern is Rick from Cookie A's Sock Innovation, in Zitron Trekking. I've had a number of problems with this pattern, I started with the suggested number of stitches and had to rip back the whole thing just as a I was ready to turn the heel because it was so tight I couldn't even get it over the ball of my foot. So I added more stitches, redid the whole cuff and had turned the heel and started the foot... which - as you can see - has now been ripped back because the pattern wasn't matching up.

And another photo, so you can see the pattern on the cuff a little better:

rico

No comments: