Wednesday, October 28, 2009

getting there

This is post # 297, so if you haven't entered the contest do it! Do it now!! Don't forget that it is open to both knitters AND non-knitters. Knitters get yarn, non-knitters get a pair of mittens knit by moi.

HOWEVER... there may be a bit of a lag in the next couple of posts. Things are about to get hectic for the next couple of weeks around here. I'm going to DC tomorrow through Saturday for a conference. I'm not presenting, but I am attending and it's a lot of the big names working in my field... it'll be interesting to see what other takes are being looked at currently. So I don't know how much knitting / blogging I will get done during that time.

Then the following weekend one of my favorite bloggy-people, and, truth be told, the person that got me interested in blogging in the first place, Loralee, is coming to the area to meet with the whitehouse!! and discuss health care options (go, read her blog, seriously) and we're going to meet up for the first time ever. I've been reading her for almost five years. She got me through some serious homesickness / loneliness my first time 'round in Spain. We've been email/internet friends since and she is an all-round awesome, supportive person and I really can't wait to meet her in "Real Life".

So yeah, it'll be a little hectic around here for the next couple weeks, but I'll try to get some posts in here and there AND soon announce the contest winners!

3 comments:

Loralee Choate said...

I AM SO EXCITED WITH SQUEE TO MEET YOU!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Seriously, seriously excited.

gradschoolknitter said...

SQUEEEE... seriously dude, it's going to be the awesome.

purple-power said...

Ooh I wish you'd post so we can see the winner. I am such a baby!