Monday, October 12, 2009

catch-up


S1050714, originally uploaded by gradschoolknitter.

OK, once again, I'm playing catch-up. I couldn't find the cord to download pics from my camera to my comp though, so I had to clandestinely use the comp at the yarnstore yesterday that has a memory card slot. I still haven't found the cord, despite looking in all the usual "safe" hiding places, so I may have to bite the bullet and buy a replacement on ebay.

And now back to knitting related things...

Above is a picture of some "art" I'm working on for a local artist. He has these plants that are free-floating and was looking for interesting vehicles to showcase them in. He came to the store a week or so ago and asked the owner, Sue, and I to knit little baskets for them. Sue made some extras so she could display them in store and they look like this:

S1050719

Pretty cool, eh?

Aside from that I haven't been finding a lot of time for knitting, but the time I have been finding has been going into this:

S1050715

It's for a friend, for a very special reason, but she sometimes reads this and I want it to be a total surprise. So hush hush on the details for now.

That's pretty much it now, but this is post 288 of gradschoolknitter, so look for a 300th post contest in a couple of posts. I'm thinking I'll post the contest on entry 290, and by the time I get to 300 I'll draw the winner. Which could take a while with the way I've been posting lately, so there will be lots of time for entries! HA.

No comments: