Sunday, October 25, 2009

etsy binge

As a grad student I tend to go through a "summer drought"... we don't get paid from end of May to mid-September, so that first paycheque is like a god-send. And it tends to come with a bit of a release... a permission to shop, so to speak.

So I went a little etsy-crazy over the last month and have had several wonderful things come home to me. Since I haven't produced anything interesting enough to share knitting-wise, I thought I'd share a few of my new fav etsy shops and purchases. (All pics are the ones from the sellers... I'm feeling lazy and their pics are probably better than the ones I'd take anyway...)

An Audrey Hepburn inspired dress... I'm probably going to be Breakfast at Tiffany's Audrey for Halloween, but I also kind of adore and idolize her and would love to style myself more in the fashion of... (From Dinwiddies)



A hot-pink skirt. And we're talking HOT pink... the pictures don't do the colour justice. (From Silly Rabbit Vintage)

A tweedy brown-ish with flecks of gold skirt. Again, pictures just don't do it justice. (From 13bees)



A pair of vintage rooster mugs. I've loved rooster stuff since going to Portugal as a young child. These are adorable and the perfect size for coffee for me - slightly smaller than your normal mug. (From Simply Suzula)

Finally 3 extra large (2.25") embossed polymer buttons. I have no idea what I'm going to use these for but they are even more beautiful up close and personal. (From crochet18purple)

There are a few more things, but one is a present for my brother that I'm not sure he's received yet and the other is something that I'm still waiting to receive... so once those things reach their final destinations, I'll fill you all in!

No comments: