Friday, February 15, 2008

Cinnabar Scarf: finally an FO!

After literally months, the Cinnabar Scarf is FINISHED. I actually started calling it the Never Ending Scarf on Ravelry, 'cause I truly thought I'd never finish it. Even after it was all done I still put it aside for a couple of days before I actually wove in the ends and blocked it. I've ever been a huge fan of blocking - it's a pain, it needs a lot of room, it takes too long to dry, etc, etc - but this time it was truly a necessity. The scarf you see below looked NOTHING like that when it came off the needles. If you're interested in pre / during blocking pictures you can find a whole bunch in my flickr account or my ravelry project page.

So, finally, here it is:



Pattern: Cinnabar Scarf by Angela Hahn. (Originally in MagKnits but apparently the version on her blog is "corrected".)
Yarn: Blue Skies Alpacas Alpaca Silk 2.5 skeins (I still have a skein and a 1/2 left over... I'll have to find something else to do with...)
Needles: US 5 / 3.75mm


As for the rest of my day... well, let's just call the above picture "before", and below "after":

2 comments:

Loralee Choate said...

I LOVE YOUR HAIR.

Seriously, if I had the guts THAT is the cut I have had my eye one. SO cute.

gradschoolknitter said...

Thanks! I really like it... in fact, I was thinking of doing something more "gutsy" and backed out at the last minute. No one around here even really noticed though, since I tend to change up my hair fairly regularly...