I got tagged by the PhD knitter to participate in the following meme:
The Rules: Each person tagged gives seven random facts about themselves. Those tagged need to write in their blogs seven facts, as well as the rules of the game. You need to tag seven others and list their names on your blog. You have to leave those you plan on tagging a note in their comments so they know that they have been tagged and need to read your blog.
Before I start I just want to say that I have been up and working since 5:45 this morning, so I'm really tired and these will probably be whatever randomness pops into my head at the moment...
1. I have never eaten a grilled cheese sandwich. Ever. Nor am I really very interested in doing so. I've had grilled cheese + something else, but never just a straight grilled cheese.
2. I learned to knit when I was quite young, but left it alone for many many years. I've picked it back up from time to time but always left it again. I started knitting again most recently last September... I joined a group when I moved to the states to get to know more people. This time I think I'm going to stick with it though.
3. I just completed my first year of a PhD. I'm really glad I had 2 years of a Master's beforehand or I would have felt COMPLETELY out of place.
4. I am back in Canada for the summer, living with the OSCBF and working at a factory. I've worked in factories before, but this is probably the most manual labour I've ever done in my life. It always reminds me why I want to go back to school in the fall, even after a particularly hard year. Other than knitting, I'm not really cut out for hard manual labour.
5. I played piano for 8 (maybe even 9?) years, but I never finished my grade 8 Royal Conservatory exam, which I regret.
6. I really only speak Spanish fluently (aside from English, of course), but I find that I can follow conversations in French and Italian, and read most Portuguese, but listening to Portuguese is almost impossible. I haven't studied French since high school and my spoken French is broken and smattered with Spanish now, but I will be taking an Italian course next year.
7. The OSCBF and I met during a Summer Shakespeare production of Much Ado About Nothing. It was my first (and to date only) acting experience (outside of a few shows we did in the Spanish department) and I would definitely do it again... maybe next time they'd even let me have lines! (I was the only person without lines, yet, because of my freakish memory I had almost the whole play memorized...). I tried out on a whim... I was finishing my last year of the BA, had just gotten accepted to the MA and was feeling very "brave new world" about the whole thing. I was in a place where I wanted to try new things and push my limits... so I did and I had one of the most interesting summers of my life.
I haven't decided who I'll tag yet... I might not tag anyone... so if you feel like letting me know 7 things about you, leave a comment and I'll come check it out.