Saturday, March 31, 2007

I've got a secret...

First off, thanks for all the nice comments on the graknitti... sadly both times that cozies were put up they had been removed by the next morning... so I've been putting off working on mine. We're going to save them for when she moves the LYS into the new space down the street in a month.

Next... there's a reason I haven't posted in a week and it isn't because I haven't been knitting... in fact, I've been knitting feverishly. And I've been hiding something:



Green Bonzai Tunic, originally uploaded by gradschoolknitter.



I started working on this last Friday and could not put it down. I cast on Friday evening and finished it up this morning. So this picture is was taken inside Lovelyarns by the lovelyowner, Sue, during Saturday SnB. (Note the lovely skeins of Malabrigo behind me? I have plans for those... oh yes, many many plans...) Anyways, back to the tunic... I loved making this, so it was about process, but I also really REALLY wanted it... so it was at least partially a product knit too. (I haven't yet decided if I'm a "process" or "product" knitter... I love to knit, I love the process, but I also generally pick projects that I can't wait to wear/use either.

Anyways, here are the details:

Pattern: Interweave Knits Spring 2007
Yarn: Berroco Bonzai in Sage (9 skeins - the pattern in my size called for 10, which I bought, but I never touched the 10th one, so I traded it in for something else delicious!)
Needles: Bamboo straights, sizes 6 & 8, Inox DPNs size 6

I've also decided that I need to focus on some serious stash reduction before I can buy anything else for myself! I'm going to participate in Flash your Stash tomorrow (although I didn't see anywhere to officially sign up) and that will help me sort through a bit and see what exactly I have and remind myself what I had planned for it!

3 comments:

The A.D.D. Knitter said...

Ok, you finished that tunic in a week?---Wow. It is gorgeous--love the color you chose, so appropriate for the pattern, and if that is you wearing it, it looks fantastic on you.

Bag grad school, you are headed for a career as a knitwear model!!

Crazy Diamond Girl said...

Here's hoping that the next set of parking meter cozies stay up long enough for us to receive comments!

Maybe you should make your cozie into a pillar/banister cover for outside the new store. It might stay longer and give you the space for the text.

Sheila said...

You did a gorgeous job knitting that tunic. It is my favorite from IK.