Tuesday, January 20, 2009

what I've been up to (picture heavy)


slipper, originally uploaded by gradschoolknitter.

So there's the product of the 4am stash dive. One slipper. It's too big for me (damn my small feet! Kidding, I actually am very happy to have small feet, especially when I knit socks!!). And for now it will remain partnerless. I feel for ya, slipper.
Pattern: Grown-up Booties by Ysolda Teague
Needles: US 8
Yarn: Araucania Nature Wool Solids
Mods: So far none. But planning to add crochet border and probably a strap to keep them on.

Next up: More Stash Diving!

waffle mitten

Pattern: Thermal Mittens by Andrea Tung, from Hats, Mittens, and Scarves
Needles: US 5 (ribbing) and 6 (body)
Yarn: Knit Picks Telemark
Mods: 1 size smaller needles than called for

I like the pattern but not the yarn. Not sure if I'll keep these or gift them at some point.

another mother bear
Another Mother bear. What better / more karmic way to stash bust?

And: Sweater Progress:

mystery sweater

I've started the sleeves on this and just can't wait for it to be done. But just can't get over how boring sleeves are... (and yes, I'm doing both at once! No more one sleeved sweaters for me!)

And finally, remember how I was talking about all that yarn I brought home to make that sweater I've been thinking about for a year? Well, this is not it:

muppets from space!

But it's beautiful and it's the last batch for a while. She still has a bit in her etsy shop and she dropped off one more batch at Lovelyarns on Sunday. Plus, it's called "Muppets from Space"!! How could I resist?!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I can't wait to see this sweater whole. It's gorgeous so far.