Friday, January 23, 2009

FO: Thermal Mittens

Well, after a serious case of startitis last week, here's a finished product! I finished these up last night while watching Ugly Betty and Grey's Anatomy (hey, if I'm going to watch tv I might as well feel productive about it...). I like the pattern, but the yarn is a bit scratchy. I'm going to try them out today and see if I like them... otherwise they might go in the "possible future gifts" pile. Which, to be honest, these would be the first of.

Pattern: Thermal Mittens (rav link) from Hats, Scarves, & Mittens(Amazon)
Yarn: Knitpicks Telemark 2 skeins Aubergine
Needles: US 5 (ribbing) US 6 (body)
Mods: Smaller needles for both (although I probably could have forgone this and they would have been fine) and changed the thumb placement on the second mitten.... there was no indications for this in the pattern... but who wants 2 right mitts?!

No comments: