Monday, January 5, 2009

math is hard!


twisted socks, originally uploaded by gradschoolknitter.

First post of the New Year! I thought I'd show you what I've been working on since 2009 began.

First up (above) is continued progress on Cookie A's Twisted Flower Sock. I am all the way through the heel and on my way to picking up stitches. However, that has been put completely on the back burner for this:

mystery design!

A mystery pattern! Actually, my own design... I just haven't decided if / how I'm going to release it to the general public. Maybe I'll just wait and see if I can get through the whole thing without ripping my own hair out first. Math is hard. And since it is a sweater (in case you hadn't guessed that much) if I want to sell the pattern (either through etsy/ravelry or to a mag like knitty) I would need to do the math not only for the size that I'm attempting to make but also for a variety of other sizes.

And yes, that is the deliciousness that is Malabrigo Worsted Merino, in colourway "Azul Profundo". And yes, it is mine, all mine. Mine mine mine mine mine!!

No comments: