Monday, May 13, 2013

just in time... for summer?

hoodie front by gradschoolknitter
hoodie front, a photo by gradschoolknitter on Flickr.

yes, it did cool off here this weekend. no, it did not cool off that much!

I've been holding off on posting about this sweater for some time. I was hoping when I knit it (late Jan/early Feb, which probably makes more sense for the pictures, yes?) that I would find the time to write up the pattern and send it in somewhere for potential publication. Well, it's almost summer now, so I don't think that's going to happen. And since there has been a serious dearth of knitting around here lately, I figured it was as good a time as any to share it.

DH was extremely patient and a very good knit model, so I took a number of pictures from various angles:
hoodie side
the side...

hoodie
the back...

And the quintessential knitwear model pose:

knit wear modeling

The pattern was my own, based on/adapted from a picture we saw online, from diesel I believe. The yarn was some dorset sheep's wool that I got last September at the WNY Fiber Festival, approximately 1155 yards. Raveled here.

2 comments:

Mairead said...

It loosk great!

gradschoolknitter said...

Thanks! I'm really happy with how it turned out!