Wednesday, February 13, 2013

WIP roundup

Last week I had a bit of a cold, and apparently it came with a bout of startitis... so the only cure for it was to cast a few things on, right?

Above we have a baby blanket for (yet another!) friend having a baby in the near future. I'm using up some super soft malabrigo and manos leftovers, although I'm running out a lot quicker than expected. I scoured the FSOT stashes on ravelry and have a few people who have responded positively that they want to trade, but I thin I'm going to need more. If you have some (worsted weight) mal or manos lying around in partial skeins that you don't think you're going to use up, please check out my stash available for trade and/or the books and let me know if there's something you'd like in exchange!

Also new on the needles:
frankensweater
the Frankensweater... otherwise known as tea with jam and katie because I'm trying to mash-up two currently popular sweater patterns (without actually bothering to look at them, of course...), Katie, for the colour changes and extra long cuffs with thumbholes, and tea with jam and bread for the slouchiness and possibly the pockets. I'm not totally in love with how the semi-contiguous shoulder seam is sitting right now, and I'm not sure it really works in such a bulky yarn, but I'm going to leave it for now (having already ripped back to that point once) and see how it fits when the whole thing is done. Worse comes to worse, I may have to perform a little sweater surgery, but fingers crossed it won't come to that!!

No comments: