Monday, July 18, 2011

deadline knitting

owls! by gradschoolknitter
owls!, a photo by gradschoolknitter on Flickr.

It's dark and stormy looking here today, so forgive me the poorly lit photos...

I've been knitting on a lot of deadlines lately and I'm not sure I like it. The socks are for the sock swap I run, which I love (the people who participate are just amazing) but I'm just in a "me me me" knitting kind of mood.

This is pretty much the only thing I've been working on since the move, mostly because my other yarn is neatly packed away. I could get at it, but I'm trying to resist the urge. I also have the pillow that is for a friend getting married in about a month. It's almost done, knitting wise, and nothing more will be able to be done on it, really, until I get some fabric I like to back it with. And, you know, a space where I could actually sew something...

For those of you with a keen eye, you'll note that I have said absolutely nothing of the July SIAC project. I had the yarn and needles out pre-move but never got around to casting on... so there's that. There are still 13 days left in July, so it's still possible... right?!

3 comments:

Kate said...

Yes but I love this sock.

Sara said...

Seeing your sock makes me jealous/sad I wasn't able to participate in the swap this time. I don't know how you are doing it; your life seems even busier than mine at present. I agree that the sock swappers are the best people and I'm hoping to join up in future swaps. Good luck finishing your sock. I know you can do it!

gradschoolknitter said...

@Kate: I do too. Monkey is the only pattern I think I've ever knit twice (plain socks don't count), but maybe there is a second pair of owls in my future for me me me!

@Sara: Come back to the sock side! Seriously though, if I had known in May that we would be moving, honeymooning, etc, etc... I might not have joined in this round either. I feel even busier than I did pre-wedding when I did take a break!