Saturday, September 13, 2008

fell off the blog-wagon...


chinese lace pullover, originally uploaded by gradschoolknitter.

So I was doing really well there, posting almost every day... but I had a lot of quick projects to finish up and then I had nothing. OK, so I still have those two sweaters (wicked and Mrs. Darcy. Although in my defense I'm still waiting for a friend to bring me some yarn to finish up that last 1/2 a sleeve on Wicked) but I really really wanted to start something new after finishing all that socky stuff.

SOOOOO.... this is the Chinese Lace Pullover by Angela Hahn. Ravelry page and purchase via blog page. I have been wanting to make this sweater for about a year. In fact, I attempted it once, in a different, handpainted yarn, and it just looked like Rainbow Brite threw up yarn into a sweater form. I think this is much better in a solid colour / semi-solid like the Malabrigo Silky Merino here. Which, by the way, is to DIE for so far. So soft, and silky... I cannot wait to wear this. Although I may have to the way the summers drag on down here.

So that's what I've been working on. I'm about 10 inches into it. Another 4 to go before possibly splitting off for the sleeve holes. I say possibly because it seems that sweater patterns are too short for me. I'm hoping this one is ok 'cause I really don't have even a yard of extra yardage.... Although I'm going to do the sleeves at the same time and if I start running out I'll adjust the length accordingly.

Sorry there isn't a better picture of the lace, I'm going to try it on when I split for the front/back and hopefully it will be easier to photograph then.

No comments: