Thursday, September 4, 2008

Another FO!


entrelac socks, originally uploaded by gradschoolknitter.

Wohoo! I finally finished the entrelac socks. It took exactly 4 months to the day (according to my Raverly page I started April 3 and finished yesterday, Sept 3) but they're finally done! And, if I might say so, very pretty. And far too warm to wear right now.

Pattern: Entrelac Socks by Eunny Jang, from Interweave Knits Spring 2007

Yarn: Crystal Palace Yarns Panda Silk in green and pink (In reality I used a LOT less than called for, but I didn't make tassels)

Needles: Size 1 dpns

Mods: None, except for yarn substitution. If I were to make these again, however, I would definitely increase a bit earlier and a second time in order to make them fit my calves better. As it is they're fine, but it takes some convincing to get them on. Also, the cuff and especially bind off is a bit fussy but definitely looks very good and is a nice finish to the socks.

3 comments:

Clumsy Knitter said...

Wow-those look great! What an accomplishment! :)

YawnOver said...

Gorgeous! I bet you can't wait to wear them!

Sheila said...

They are beautiful. Entrelac is one of my favorite techniques.