Tuesday, April 3, 2007

hmmmm....

Well, I just tried my first foray into felting, but I don't think it really worked. First of all, we live in an apt. complex so I don't have access to a machine that would be very good for felting. So I tried boiling the wool on my stove (which, by the way, makes your house smell lovely... I'd totally try it if you like the sent of wet dog but can't find the right scented candle!) and I don't think I was agitating hard enough... of course, I didn't really want to splash boiling water all over myself either. I took a before picture... we'll see what it it looks like after it dries, hopefully by tomorrow... but seriously, it looks the same size to me as it did beforehand.

3 comments:

The A.D.D. Knitter said...

Hmmm, 'Scent of Wet Dog', that could be one of those weird Demeter-type fragrances (like 'Laundry Detergent' or 'Bus Station')that they have at Sephora...

Amy said...

I hate the smell of wet wool, too. I have found that I don't have the patience for felting by hand unless it's something really small (cat toy). Maybe a laundromat is the way to go?

Doug said...

So many hilarious mental images... it reminds me of the time that Chantal tried to wash her clothes in the bathtub and used a broom to stir the clothes around (like the agitator).