Wednesday, November 21, 2012

NaKniSweMo 2012

NaKniSweMo 2012 by gradschoolknitter
NaKniSweMo 2012, a photo by gradschoolknitter on Flickr.

Done! With plenty of time to spare. I haven't done the math yet, but I cannot imagine that fingering weight on size 3 needles with extra stripes and increases added could not add up to 50,000 stitches!

It needs a good blocking... if you look closely at the above picture you can see the collar curling down a bit... or in this next one, the hem has flipped back up, in spite of repeated attempts to tame it:

a blocking we will go

In any case, I'm pretty happy with how it turned out. I kind of wish that the neck were a little tighter... but I'm pretty sure it's much better than my first attempt. I made a lot of mods, most of which were explained in a previous post.

The only thing that has changed since then was the addition of sleeves. Instead of binding off at the sleeve divide, as per the pattern, I put the stitches on holders. To achieve the sleeves I made, I finished up the last row of the grey stripe, added a blue stripe, grey stripe and another blue stripe, as per the pattern chart. I finished them off with a cuff done in the same way as I did the bottom hem.

Just in case you missed the info last time:
Pattern is: Elfe
Yarn is: Claudia Hand Paints fingering in Deep Blue (approx. 2.5 skeins) and Neighborhood Fiber Co Studio Sock in Grey (almost a full skein... there are a few bits left, but not enough to do anything with).
Needles: US 3
Raveled: here.

No comments: