Friday, September 7, 2012

socks, socks, socks

devonaire by gradschoolknitter
devonaire, a photo by gradschoolknitter on Flickr.

I'm knitting socks, which can only mean one thing! My feet are cold!

No, wait, that wasn't what I wanted to talk about... oh yeah... it's sock swapping time again!

Except that these aren't for my partner, they're for me. So, I guess we're back to my cold feet? Only I already have lots of lovely knit socks, so my fet aren't as cold as they could be...

But I digress. The sock swap is open for new swappers to sign up. Sign-ups will be open until the end of September and swapping will take place from Oct 1 - Dec 31, 2012. Socks and packages must be in the mail on or before December 31.

For those of you not in-the-know, the sock swap started a couple of years ago while I was in Spain. It's international, so you must be willing to send to anywhere in the world... but you might also receive a package from anywhere! So, go on over to the group (must be a ravelry member), fill out the questionnaire and get ready to knit!!

If you were wondering about the above socks (which are MINE! ALL MINE! ahem...) pattern is devon by cookie a with some modifications (only 3 repeats of cuff pattern, switched to stockinette for the foot).
Yarn is Ellyn Cooper's Yarn Sonnets Fine Merino, purchased last year while visiting Connecticut for a friend's wedding.
Needles are US 1.5 (2.5mm) hiya hiyas.

No comments: