Tuesday, February 16, 2010

snowcation!















Just over a week ago the mid-atlantic east-coast of the US saw unprecedented amounts of snow and we got snowed in for the better part of a week. So what did I do with my snowcation? Well, I already showed off the finished scarf-exchange scarf, but I also whipped up this hat:

snowmaggeden hat

Which is a total franken-hat, in that I had little available resources and had to sort of go with the flow. And when it was originally finished it turned out to be way too short so I added the extra orange stripe on after the fact... it's for the boy and he likes it, so I'm not going to worry about it. But definitely not my best on-the-fly pattern.

Other than that, I cast on a pair of socks (also for the boy) for the ravelympics during opening ceremonies on Friday night. No picture as of yet, but hope to be through the first one by the end of this week (or earlier, preferably).

Pre-snow I was in new york and one of my travel companions had looked up habu textiles pre-trip and I got 2 cones of this:

habu yarn

If you don't know where they are you'll never find them. The building is completely unmarked aside from street numbers and they're on the 8th floor in a room without windows.

No comments: