Friday, December 12, 2008

Yes, Virigina, I am Christmas knitting


mittens, originally uploaded by gradschoolknitter.

So I started these mittens back in October (where has the time gone?!) and they were completely finished except for weaving in the ends, etc on the second one. They will be given to one of my cousins who is visiting from France. The pattern is my own, using a colourwork chart from the Vogue Stitchionaries. I'll be making a second pair and (time granting) matching hats. I haven't decided what colour work to do on the second pair, which will have the beige as the main colour and the white and orange as complimentary colours.

There has been other knitting, but it's all selfish, and that's not the spirit of the season... so from now until Christmas hopefully I'll be able to showcase all the other things I'm going to knit for people! (Yes, I know how many days there are left until Christmas... I have a slight case of knitters denial...)

No comments: