Wednesday, December 31, 2008

Happy New Year!


mom's painting mitts, originally uploaded by gradschoolknitter.

That's me, waving good bye to 2008, in one of the "painting mitts" I made for my mom. She saw my fingerless gloves and said "hey, those would be great for painting!", so I rifled through the left overs from my christmas knitting and improvised these (I only had straights in an appropriate size so I had to seam them...). They only took a couple hours for each one and she loves them. So much so that I didn't get a picture of the pair (and they were reveresed in colour and striping sequencing...), but I'm glad she likes them!

As I was thinking about this post earlier today, I almost wanted to title it "Good Riddance 2008"... but in reality, 2008 wasn't that bad of a year. It wasn't always great, but I learned a lot and I think I've grown a lot as a person. With that in mind, I have some New Year's resolutions that I really do hope to stick to.

1. Get back to hot yoga. I loved it all summer, and yes, it is expensive, but it's so very, very worth it. I was still going to the gym for part of the semester (until I got that horrendous cold in November and lost my voice, etc) but it's not the same.
2. Better eating habits. We (the roommate and I) were both tired and over-worked and didn't cook at home very much at all. So, less eating out, more cooking at home and choosing healthier options.
3. Better working habits. I'm an awful procrastinator. And by awful I mean I'm really good at it. REALLY good at it. But I'm going to try and get into the habit of working on a regular (i.e. daily!!) basis. Ok, maybe not on weekends.......
4. Become less clumsy. I know, this isn't necessarily something I can change about myself, but maybe it's just being more aware. This one came to me this morning when I was still half asleep and poured boiling hot coffee on my hand, instead of in my cup.

That's it for now. I don't usually go in for resolutions 'cause I figure most people break them by February... but if I sign up for (and pay the big $$) hot yoga I will go, 'cause after a week of feeling like death, you feel AMAZING and I found when I was doing that I was eating better 'cause it helps with the not feeling like garbage. And maybe, just maybe, it will also help me get into a routine so that I work every day too. The spilling of hot coffee on the hands is an entirely different story. I'll probably always be a bit of a klutz...

So, good bye 2008. You weren't always that good to me, but I learned from you and I'd like to think I'm a better person for it. But I'm still hoping 2009 will be an improvement on you!

Happy New Year everyone. May 2009 bring joy, happiness, health and prosperity to you all.

No comments: