Wednesday, October 24, 2007

WIPs update

Ok... long time no blog! Things this semester have been pretty hectic... it's my first time teaching a course higher than at the introductory level so it's taken some time to get into a teaching groove. But I'm getting there, slowly.

This past weekend I went home to the Great White North for Dr. BF's PhD graduation ceremony. While fun, not a lot of work or knitting got done.

Anyways, when I have found the odd moment I've been working on some new projects. I have Eunny Jang's Endpaper Mitts on the go, in forest green and a sort of darkish lavender malabrigo lace weight (each double stranded). No pictures of those yet... I'd need much better lighting. Also on the go is the Chinese Lace Pullover by Angela Hahn. I love the pattern but am unsure about the yarn I'm working it in. I'm using Blue Heron Rayon Metallic in "Iris" as mentioned the last time I wrote anything, and I love the colours, but I'm not sure that I love them on this top. Also, because of the increases it's doing some really funky pooling right now. I'm not so sure about that either.

Unfortunately the lighting today is pretty grey and dreary... not very good for picture taking, especially of things like colour-work or crazy weird pooling. But here's what I can show you:

The beginnings of the Cinnabar Scarf, also by Angela Hahn (what can I say? She designs pretty things!)



And a seamed, blocked Wheat Ear Cable Yoke:



And the cable close(r)-up:



I blocked it as directed in the pattern - light steaming. However, the 2 small rows of ribbing at the hem are finding it hard to compete with the miles and miles of stockinette so I am taking a slightly more aggressive approach to the blocking. I know that some people took an even more aggressive tactic and re-did the ribbing along the cast-on edge but I don't think I'll go that far... although I can imagine myself wearing it and continuously fiddling with the edge to make it lie flat.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Beautiful sweater! The color is lovely.

The A.D.D. Knitter said...

Wow, that is the ultimate boob sweater!!